Friday 17 March 2017

Where I Am From Poem

I am from many sports balls

From dishing washing powder and fresh mown grass

I am from the green country house surrounded by farm

And strong with fresh gardens

I am from the gum and pine trees that provide birds and interesting insects to look and listen to

Whose arms are long and creak when the wind is strong

I am from my teddy monkey that comforted me when I was little and rugby boots that would get me pumped up for the season

From Ormond and Ioasa

I am from celebrating holidays with family and playing sport

And from the sayings, “ eat your carrots and you can see in the dark”

From going and hunting with grandparents and having farm sessions with them

I am from a non religious home but sporty and kind

I am from Sir John Ormond and Michael Ormond

From roasts and sapasui

From Sir john ormond becoming a Sir

And from going overseas to watch rugby that my dad used to play in

Falling out of my treehouse when I was four and breaking my collarbone is a strong memory

I am from those moments, sports, breaking bones and going overseas.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your poem because it really shows where you lived and your lifestyle. It is awesome to see you are learning. Well Done Tali

    ReplyDelete